Back pain can be a very debilitating condition. It can be so bad that affects your ability to do simple things like walking, sitting, or even standing. It can become so severe that can disturb your sleep because of the pain. Now medical marijuana works to relieve back pain.
It’s common for lift weighting people and laborers. Even, those who have desk jobs can suffer from back pain in the long run. In fact, according to the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, it’s one of the most common reasons for visiting an orthopedic doctor.
Whether you are suffering from chronic back pain or just had a flare-up from overexerting yourself in your workout routine, you need to find ways to manage your back pain for living a normal life again.
Medical Marijuana can help you in that case. How medical Marijuana can help you remove back pain? Let’s learn in detail.
What is causing your back pain?
There are many reasons behind experiencing back pain. Some of the most common causes include: –
- Disc degeneration: As you grow older, the discs in your spine begin to break down, which can put pressure on your spinal cord and cause pain.
- Being hit in the back.
- Lifting a heavy object improperly, or even
- Sleeping in an awkward position
All of these can injure muscles and ligaments in the lower back to create back pain.
3. Poor posture:
Most people slouch these days. Bad posture from sitting can cause back pain. As_
- Sitting in an office chair
- Carrying a heavy backpack on one shoulder,
- Even driving for long hours can cause your muscles to become strained and lead to back pain.
Medical Marijuana to Relieve Back Pain: Is it Effective?
One of the most common uses of medical marijuana is to relieve back pain. In fact, there are many studies that support this use. As mentioned earlier, marijuana contains cannabinoids, which are chemical compounds found in hemp.
Cannabinoids are effective in treating various conditions, such as pain and inflammation. A study showed that subjects who used marijuana experienced a reduction in pain and stiffness compared to subjects who used a placebo.
Another study showed that subjects who used a topical cream containing cannabinoids experienced a reduction in pain compared to subjects who used a cream with a placebo. You’ll need a doctor’s recommendation to start using medical marijuana.
Your doctor will determine the best strain and dosage for you based on your health conditions. You can use Marijuana in a variety of ways, including smoking, vaping, and ingesting it in baked goods or other food items.
How does medical marijuana work to relieve back pain?
Researchers are still studying to find out how exactly marijuana relieves back pain, but here’s what we do know so far: –
- It reduces inflammation. – Certain cannabinoids found in marijuana may have anti-inflammatory properties, which may help reduce swelling in the joints and muscles that cause back pain.
2. It calms the central nervous system. – THC, the most common cannabinoid found in marijuana, may act on the central nervous system, reducing anxiety and stress. These effects may promote relaxation in the muscles and joints, thereby reducing back pain. –
3. Promotes relaxation and sleep. – Many people experience insomnia due to back pain, so getting good sleep is essential for healing. Marijuana may promote relaxation, which can help you sleep better.
Medical Marijuana for Back Pain: Is It Safe?
Marijuana has beneficial effects on a number of health conditions, but it’s important to note that it’s not completely risk-free. Marijuana can have both short-term and long-term side effects, even in low doses. For example, marijuana may cause dizziness, dry mouth, anxiety, and even hallucinations in some cases.
If you’re experiencing chronic back pain, you should talk to your doctor about the risks and benefits of using medical marijuana to see if it’s the right option for you.
Side Effects of Medical Marijuana for Back Pain:
As mentioned above, marijuana has both short-term and long-term side effects. The long-term side effects of marijuana are still unknown.
The short-term side effects of marijuana include: –
- Increased heart rate – This can increase your risk of heart disease and blood clots. –
- Changes in blood pressure – Marijuana can cause short-term changes in blood pressure, which can lead to dizziness.
- Changes in attention span and reaction time – Marijuana can alter your attention span and reaction time, which can be dangerous if you’re driving or doing other activities that require a high level of focus. –
- Increased appetite – If you’re already overweight, marijuana may cause you to eat more and gain weight.
Now you know how to remove back pain by using Medical Marijuana that helps you in treating various pain. Medical Marijuana also can help reduce inflammation and pain in the joints and muscles, making it a good option for people. It also has short-term side effects that you should be aware of before you start using it.